MEDITERRANEAN BULGAR WHEAT SALAD
- 1 cup cooked bulgar wheat
- ½ cup parsley
- 1 cup chopped sweet tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped red pepper
- ¾ cup chopped seedless cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped seeded kalamata olives
- ½ cup diced feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juicee
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, gently toss the bulgar wheat through the feta cheese.
- In a jar or small bowl, mix the olive oil through the salt and pepper. Taste to adjust the seasonings.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and fold to combine. Allow to sit for 20 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. Serve cold or at room temperature.
Cook bulgar wheat according to package instructions. All steps can be made separately one day ahead and combined just before serving.