Hi Friends!! We’re somehow already to Tuesday, and how did that happen???
Do you play catch up on Mondays like I do? I hope so, selfishly, so that I can relate. And also hope not, so that you are starting your week off with a clean slate, no previous baggage in tow. Either way, we’ve moved on from Monday and are already working our way through the week, full speed ahead…
I feel like today just needs a quick and easy grill recipe…
It may stem from the fact that it’s been beyond bright and sunny around here for pretty much the past week, making it SEEM like awesome grilling weather (which it still is regardless…), but it’s also been in the upper 40’s/low 50’s, cold, and windy…making it feel like that ‘beer in hand’ thing would be best enjoyed inside. Done and done…
I’m going to get right to it today with these wings because they are made with my most favorite combination of spices to use on any of my grilled or roasted meats. This rub is one that I came up with umpteen years ago, and I rarely alter it if I’m simply roasting or grilling, whatever meat is involved. When you give it the time it needs to completely infiltrate the grains in the protein, it adds this indescribable flavor that is only solidified by the heat during the cooking process.
I’ve made these wings both in the oven, and on the grill. And I must say that while the oven does a very fine job in a pinch, the heat and smokiness from the grill completely seals in all of that salty-herby flavor, and adds that je nais se quois that you just can’t get in the oven.
These wings would be, and will be, perfect for my (and any), Mother’s Day BBQ in a few days because let’s be real, this mama just wants to indulge in some WINGS. ENJOY!
Oh, and can you tell I have a thing for that olive spoon??? It’s shown up in the last 3 food posts completely unintentionally! I guess when you like something, you just like it!
Fresh Lemon and Herb Rubbed Grilled Chicken Wings
- 2 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- feta crumbles for serving
- cucumbers, olives, and tomatoes to serve with
- Place the chicken wings into a large bowl or large ziplock bag. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil through the lemon juice. Pour the mixture over the wings and massage in with your hands. Seal the bowl or the bag and place in the refrigerator to marinade at least 3 hours, or overnight.
- Heat a grill to medium high heat and grill the wings for about 5-6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Check every few minutes to know when to turn.
- Remove from heat and serve alongside the feta, cucumbers, tomatoes, and olives. ENJOY!